Shuffleboard is as popular in Baltimore, MD as it is in the rest of the United States, meaning that you should have no problems finding a place to play as long as you are willing to put a little time and effort into your search. Better still, the sheer number of shuffleboard players in the region means that you can find a wide range of playing conditions, and you can get exactly what you are looking for out of the game.
Finding Baltimore Bars With Shuffleboard Tables
Here are some examples of Baltimore bars with shuffleboard tables:
- Found at 710 South Broadway, Alexander’s Tavern offers a tried and true combination in the form of two bars paired up with six flat screen TVs. More importantly, it has free shuffleboard tables along with other entertainment such as dart boards, Foosball tables, and Wii consoles.
- Despite its name, heading to Bad Decisions is probably one of the best decisions that you can make if you are interested in playing some shuffleboard. Found at 1928 Fleet Street in Fells Point, it provides plentiful opportunities for gaming in between visits to its cocktail bar.
- Like its name suggests, Little Havana at 1325 Key Highway combines Cuban cuisine with a casual atmosphere that is sure to please a wide range of patrons. Besides its food and its beverages, it also has shuffleboard tables to keep its patrons entertained, particularly when the changing weather makes the patio less and less attractive.
- Mother’s Federal Hill Grille lives up to its name by providing a fine selection of homemade food such as nachos, calamari, and boneless wings to go with its beers and wines. In between sampling its cuisine, be sure to spend some time at its arcade games and shuffleboard tables.
Of course, this is no more than a small number of Baltimore bars with shuffleboard tables out there. As a result, if you are interested in the game, you are sure to find a location that is convenient for you.
Finding Baltimore Shuffleboard Leagues
Some people are more interested in competitive rather than casual play because it provides them with a bigger thrill. Fortunately, there are numerous Baltimore shuffleboard leagues, meaning that you should have no problems finding one if this sounds like you.
Here are a couple of examples:
- Boston Social organizes leagues and other events for various sports, including shuffleboard during the summer. You can sign up either on your own or as part of a 3 to 6-man team. Please note that Boston Social’s shuffleboard league likes to stage its matches at various bars throughout Baltimore, MD, meaning that it is also a great chance to see what the city has to offer.
- Situated on 3242 Foster Avenue, the Pig & Rooster Smokehouse specializes in smoked meat sandwiches as well as other time-tested classics. However, it also features shuffleboard leagues for those interested in the game, with admission set at $40 per 2-man team. In exchange, players get food and drink specials as well as the chance to earn prizes for winning the championship.
Your Options Are Plenty
If you are in the Baltimore, MD area, shuffleboard options are plenty and you don’t have to limit yourself to playing on your own.Join a league or go to a bar, either way you are sure to enjoy the game even more and make new friends while you are at it.