Crazy 8’s – Another Fun Shuffleboard Game
If you want to expand your knowledge of shuffleboard and add another game to enrich your experience with your shuffleboard table, look no further than Crazy 8’s. This game mode is played with two or more players, and rather than players taking turns after each puck, the game is played in frames, with each player using all eight pucks before passing play to the next player. Below is an in-depth breakdown of how to play Crazy 8’s.
How To Play Crazy 8’s?
1. All players agree on the score limit to be played to – this is usually 15 or 21.
2. Player One then groups all four pucks of one color together and slides them all at once to the other side of the table, aiming for them to pass the foul line and on the table.
3. Player One then uses the four pucks of the different colors one at a time to try and knock the other four off of the table
4. Once all eight pucks have been played by Player One, it is now Player Two’s turn, and the process is repeated.
5. Once all players have played, that is the end of one frame, and it is back to Player One’s turn.
6. This process is repeated until the agreed-upon score is reached.
Scoring in Crazy 8
1. Players score once the first four pucks have been knocked off the board.
2. If any of the first four pucks fail to pass the foul line, fall off the board, or are not knocked off the board by the final four pucks, that player does not score. This is known as a “hickey.”
3. If the player does not get a hickey, the remaining pucks on the board are scored according to their location. This scoring corresponds to the point system integrated into your board.
- Reminder: the puck must pass the point line to score that amount. For example – on a standard board – to score two points, the puck must completely pass the line between the 1 and 2-point zones.
4. Once a player has reached the score limit, the players that have yet to play that frame still have a chance to score and win.
- For example: if playing a game with four people and Player 2 reaches the score limit during their turn, Player 3 and 4 still play their turns for that frame – Player 1 does not get another turn. If either of these players can obtain a score higher than Player 2, they are declared the winner.
Crazy 8’s is a fantastic game that you will have fun with your friends when you play, so don’t wait! try this game with your friends now!